Frequently Asked Questions
- Check the FAQ
- Check the Jajuk Manual
- Find here licenses and dependencies
- Bugs / feature requests (see How to report a bug below)
- Developers mailing List
- Google+ page
- Twitter feed
How to report a bug properly ?
First of all, thanks to report bugs to Jajuk team, they are irreplaceable help for us..
Jajuk being an international effort, tickets have to be written in English.
Jajuk is a pretty big piece of software with hundreds of features running on most operating systems. In order to allow us to actually fix your problem we need a significant amount of details.
Provide any useful information
Please detail the exact actions you made (the use case) to help us reproducing the problem. A good description is something like:
In Files table view, filtering by artist has no effector
When trying to play a track with Chinese characters in its name, the player is locked displaying the message "time out"
- If you feel the problem comes from the file itself, you can send us them. The best way for that is to use an upload free service like http://wikisend.com .You’ll get a http url linked to your uploaded file. Paste this url in the “Comments” text field.
- If a problem occurs with specific files, please send their full path. Example :
I have problem playing files at d:\MyMusic\aDirectory\foo.mp3
- A very good way to report an issue is (in addition to logs) to provide a screencast, check (for instance) Screenr to produce a screencast in seconds and publish it.
Paste the logs
- Reproduce your problem
- Create your bug using the Jajuk Debug-> Report a bug or feature request menu at the top of the frame
- When your browser create a new ticket, please paste (CTRL-v or right click-> “Paste” on most operating systems) in the “Comments” text field, this will paste most of the information we need to get your operating system / jajuk version etc. It is the most important thing for us so if you have few time for your bug, please make this operation if no others.
- Note that this logs are anonymized with “***” and should not contain any private information (you are yet encouraged to have a look on the logs)
- Only one subject please
- Please create a single ticket per bug or feature request. It is impossible to track and update information about different subjects in a single ticket so we would have to split the ticket by our self or consider only one of the subjects.