Release notes 1.4
Important Release notes
- A deep refresh of all your devices is strongly encouraged if upgrading from any release < 1.4.3 (from Files tree view or Devices view / right click / Force Refresh / Deep)
- [Windows/ Web Start] The first startup will take a while (in the "Initial checkups" step), as the required mplayer executable is downloaded from us
- An upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.x and from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 can reset your ambiences to defaults
- [Linux and MacOS, Jajuk 1.4.2 and above] If mplayer is not installed, you should get mush more sound skips because of some memory optimisations that affect linux and MacOS that don't use mplayer. It can be fixed easily, check: http://wiki.jajuk.info/index.php/English_jajuk_faq#I_experience_sound_skips
- When using Catalog view for the first time, all thumbnails are created (this too can take a while)
- Conflict between Web Start install and .Exe installer :
- If you launch Jajuk in Web start mode (Try it live), icons and startup menus are created. After installing Jajuk from the download jajuk-<version>-win32.exe file, launching Jajuk from the new created icon still executes the Web start version.
- As a workaround, remove the Web start version from Start -> Parameters -> Configuration Panel -> Java -> "Display" in Temporary Internet files panel, select Jajuk application and remove it. Then you can try again Web start version, it uses a separated menu entry (Jajuk-Webstart) to avoid conflicts.
- Check known issues database